To develop a technological culture and provide leadership in the field of instrumentation and to be an excellent resource and training centre for academic, research and industrial organizations in India.
Main Objectives :
1. Resource Centre to create necessary facilities for Instrumentation programmes.
2. To act as a role model for providing instrument services
3. Design & development of new teaching aids to facilitate teaching & research
4. Conduct training programmes in instrumentation & instruments repair & maintenance
5. R&D in instrumentation for Education, Research & Industries
The overall impact of the Centre’s activities since its inception has been to further the UGC’s efforts in creating adequate, self-supporting infrastructure in the Indian universities by providing research, maintenance, testing and measurement services in the field of instrumentation.